TOP 7 TIPS ON HOW TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF MARBLE FLOORING?
Posted on Aug 22, 2015
Marble is a valuable stone and it is measured as a representation of opulence and elegance to your home. It inserts charm to your floors and crafts an additional attraction and appeal look to them. Even though marble is counted as one of the most beautiful stones, it is also very delicate and fragile. It easily gets ruptured and is very susceptible to hard chemicals and acids. The homeowners of marble are essential to take some enormous care of this stone for preserving a lifelong and maintaining the magnificent look of your flooring. Here we provide you some basic and great tips to uphold the beautiful look of your marble flooring:
1. Always use a dry and clean cloth or a cleaner to do away with the dirt from your marble flooring left by shoes, slippers, pets, rugs, waste or by any regular air circulation. Any grit that gets left on its polished surface can scrape the exterior leading to the loss in shine of your flooring.
2. Never use any artificial cleaners to clean your floors as it is a natural stone and the harmful substances may damage your flooring. They contain hard compounds, acids and chemicals that can stain or dull your marble tiles. As marbles are composed of calcium carbonate, even the mildest categories of acids can scratch the beautiful surface making it coarse and loutish.
3. Always use good quality cleaners of neutral pH value and acid free solutions to clean the flooring and marble surfaces as they are gentle on their texture and do not cause any ill effects to their polish.
4. If you do not have a neutral pH cleaner, you can also use warm water to keep your floor streak free. The water shall be changed regularly while cleaning and instead of going for an air dry, the flooring shall be dried using a very clean and untreated cloth. This effect can maintain the shine and luster of your beautiful marble flooring.
5. Avoid using any scouring powders, creams, lotions and alkaline products to your floors as they may cause scratches and grazes to your floor. These products contain tiny abrasive particles as their content which results in causing unavoidable effects to your flooring.
6. Don’t use appliances like vacuum cleaner in an upright and hand-held position directly on the marble floor. The wheels and the plastic or metallic part of the hose or nozzle of the appliance may scratch your floor drastically.
7. Always keep a rug, a door mat or walk-off mats outside your home or just around your main way out of your home. This can draw the harsh materials, grit and dust particles and avert them from coming in. This will not only put off discoloring of your flooring but will also keep the marble chemical free.
Marble cleaning can be very effortless if you use clean water, dry cloth and little attentiveness while keeping in mind the above described considerations regularly and properly. Only will proper care, you can keep up the maintenance properly. If any problem arise with your flooring then immediately contact your Indian marble exporter or Indian marble supplier they will advice you on how to deal with the issue.